Nov 7, 2011, 6:19 PM EST
We’ve had seemingly every other kind of pro-am and charity game featuring NBA players during the lockout, why not go back to some classic college rivalry games.
Like North Carolina alumni vs. Duke alumni.
It’s happening, according to Blue Devil Nation (via Dime). It’s called the “Kings of Tobacco Road” game and is set for Nov. 17. Clearly both schools have a lot of NBA pedigree players to role out, so this one could be interesting. Here are the rosters as of now (from Dime):
That could be pretty entertaining. And the fans will take it all too seriously. Which would be sweet.
What would make this more fun is if we could mix in Austin Rivers and Harrison Barnes and some other guys actually in school now. But alas, that’s not going to happen.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1