Nov 7, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
We’ve had seemingly every other kind of pro-am and charity game featuring NBA players during the lockout, why not go back to some classic college rivalry games.
Like North Carolina alumni vs. Duke alumni.
It’s happening, according to Blue Devil Nation (via Dime). It’s called the “Kings of Tobacco Road” game and is set for Nov. 17. Clearly both schools have a lot of NBA pedigree players to role out, so this one could be interesting. Here are the rosters as of now (from Dime):
That could be pretty entertaining. And the fans will take it all too seriously. Which would be sweet.
What would make this more fun is if we could mix in Austin Rivers and Harrison Barnes and some other guys actually in school now. But alas, that’s not going to happen.
- Klay Thompson should not have been allowed to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 0
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 13
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 12
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 73