Nov 7, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
We’ve had seemingly every other kind of pro-am and charity game featuring NBA players during the lockout, why not go back to some classic college rivalry games.
Like North Carolina alumni vs. Duke alumni.
It’s happening, according to Blue Devil Nation (via Dime). It’s called the “Kings of Tobacco Road” game and is set for Nov. 17. Clearly both schools have a lot of NBA pedigree players to role out, so this one could be interesting. Here are the rosters as of now (from Dime):
That could be pretty entertaining. And the fans will take it all too seriously. Which would be sweet.
What would make this more fun is if we could mix in Austin Rivers and Harrison Barnes and some other guys actually in school now. But alas, that’s not going to happen.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10