Nov 7, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
We’ve had seemingly every other kind of pro-am and charity game featuring NBA players during the lockout, why not go back to some classic college rivalry games.
Like North Carolina alumni vs. Duke alumni.
It’s happening, according to Blue Devil Nation (via Dime). It’s called the “Kings of Tobacco Road” game and is set for Nov. 17. Clearly both schools have a lot of NBA pedigree players to role out, so this one could be interesting. Here are the rosters as of now (from Dime):
That could be pretty entertaining. And the fans will take it all too seriously. Which would be sweet.
What would make this more fun is if we could mix in Austin Rivers and Harrison Barnes and some other guys actually in school now. But alas, that’s not going to happen.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 0
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 41
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 67
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8