Nov 5, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
We now take a break from the madness of labor negotiations to bring you a little bit of a fun one. Retired Warriors coach Don Nelson will apparently get to walk for the diploma he earned in 1962 for finishing his degree before he was drafted. From Sports Business Daily:
Former NBA coach Don Nelson will graduate from college “almost 50 years after being” drafted in the ’62 NBA Draft. Nelson “plans to go through the University of Iowa commencement service in the spring of 2012, having fulfilled the necessary credits for his bachelor’s degree.”
Nelson completed his course work but never got the walk. So there will be the Run-And-Gunner himself, shaking the hand of the dean along with all the other people who are trying to determine what they’re going to do with the rest of their lives. Kind of appropriate.
How awesome would it be to have Don Nelson at your graduation party?
- Hawks cruise to underwhelming Game 1 win over Nets 3
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 15
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10