Nov 5, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
We now take a break from the madness of labor negotiations to bring you a little bit of a fun one. Retired Warriors coach Don Nelson will apparently get to walk for the diploma he earned in 1962 for finishing his degree before he was drafted. From Sports Business Daily:
Former NBA coach Don Nelson will graduate from college “almost 50 years after being” drafted in the ’62 NBA Draft. Nelson “plans to go through the University of Iowa commencement service in the spring of 2012, having fulfilled the necessary credits for his bachelor’s degree.”
Nelson completed his course work but never got the walk. So there will be the Run-And-Gunner himself, shaking the hand of the dean along with all the other people who are trying to determine what they’re going to do with the rest of their lives. Kind of appropriate.
How awesome would it be to have Don Nelson at your graduation party?
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 0
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8