Nov 5, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
We now take a break from the madness of labor negotiations to bring you a little bit of a fun one. Retired Warriors coach Don Nelson will apparently get to walk for the diploma he earned in 1962 for finishing his degree before he was drafted. From Sports Business Daily:
Former NBA coach Don Nelson will graduate from college “almost 50 years after being” drafted in the ’62 NBA Draft. Nelson “plans to go through the University of Iowa commencement service in the spring of 2012, having fulfilled the necessary credits for his bachelor’s degree.”
Nelson completed his course work but never got the walk. So there will be the Run-And-Gunner himself, shaking the hand of the dean along with all the other people who are trying to determine what they’re going to do with the rest of their lives. Kind of appropriate.
How awesome would it be to have Don Nelson at your graduation party?
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11