Nov 4, 2011, 10:46 AM EST
In some kind of lockout nightmare by Sterling Cooper Draper Price, Magic Johnson has teamed up with Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert. To shoot smart phones as if they were basketballs. And sell home loans. All done with extra cheese.
It’s all part of a new Quicken Loans ad (that’s the company where Gilbert made enough money to buy the Cavaliers and the Comic Sans font) that is just cheesy and disturbing all at once. So, we bring it to you.
Hat tip to Mark Medina at the Los Angeles Times, who reminds us Magic has a long history of cheesy commercials.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 5
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11