Nov 4, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Dwight Howard has some pull.
For his Nov. 13 charity game in Orlando Howard has brought in some big names to thrill the crowd — like Penny Hardaway. (That’s big Penny, not ‘lil Penny.) And some to remind them of old wounds — hello Vince Carter and Steve Francis.
The Orlando Sentinel has the lineups for the game and it is interesting.
(Howard’s manager Kevin) Samples said the D12 Foundation also has received commitments from Gilbert Arenas, Trevor Ariza, Carlos Arroyo, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass, Earl Clark, Drew Gooden, Rashard Lewis, Mike Miller, Nelson, Jason and DeShawn Stevenson.
That should make for an entertaining show. Not as entertaining as an actual Orlando Magic game would be, although that team comes with its own set of challenges and heartbreaks.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 12
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 2
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 45
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 29
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 21
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (79)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay