Nov 4, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Dwight Howard has some pull.
For his Nov. 13 charity game in Orlando Howard has brought in some big names to thrill the crowd — like Penny Hardaway. (That’s big Penny, not ‘lil Penny.) And some to remind them of old wounds — hello Vince Carter and Steve Francis.
The Orlando Sentinel has the lineups for the game and it is interesting.
(Howard’s manager Kevin) Samples said the D12 Foundation also has received commitments from Gilbert Arenas, Trevor Ariza, Carlos Arroyo, Matt Barnes, Brandon Bass, Earl Clark, Drew Gooden, Rashard Lewis, Mike Miller, Nelson, Jason and DeShawn Stevenson.
That should make for an entertaining show. Not as entertaining as an actual Orlando Magic game would be, although that team comes with its own set of challenges and heartbreaks.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3