Nov 4, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
J.J. Hickson is not going to go down in history as one of the legends of Israeli basketball.
The Sacramento Kings forward played one game for Bnei Hasharon of Israel but has been released after one game because he was late for a couple practices. Practice? Yes, we’re talkin’ ’bout practice. Noam Schiller, writer for Cowbell Kingdom and follower of the Israeli basketball league, tweeted this.
So, to recap: J.J. Hickson signs in Israel, plays ONE game in which his team loses by 39 points, is late to practice, gets released
Hickson was a -44 in that game.
Playing overseas is not a vacation. For these teams, this is their NBA, the way they make a living. NBA players who come over and treat this as if they were tourists are not going to be tolerated.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona