Nov 3, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Sports Illustrated’s Zach Lowe recently did a great interview with forward Aaron Afflalo, who is a free agent after four seasons with Detroit and Denver. Here are a few highlights:
SI.com: The Nuggets have had a crazy offseason, with Nene about to be an unrestricted free agent and three different free agents (J.R. Smith, Kenyon Martin and Wilson Chandler) all in China. Do you want to stay in Denver?
Afflalo: The way I moved forward at first was that I just planned on returning to Denver. That was just my feel, because my role had grown so much last season from a leadership standpoint. I felt it was almost my team. I felt a sense of responsibility. But obviously as the offseason goes on and changes are made, you have to weigh your options. My gut at the end of the season was that I’d be back in Denver, but you have to keep your options open. And for me, it’s all about winning…
…SI.com: The Bulls could use some two-way punch at shooting guard. Have you thought about how you’d fit there?
Afflalo: Oh yeah, my agent [Sam Goldfeder] brought that up to me before the lockout. He definitely mentioned the Bulls as a dream that would be great for me based on fit.
Afflalo, who is known for his defense and three-point shooting prowess, would seem to be a natural fit for the Bulls, who used a platoon of Keith Bogans, Kyle Korver, and Ronnie Brewer at the 2-guard position, but it’s hard to make any solid predictions about free agency before the details of the new CBA get hammered out, assuming it ever does get agreed to. For Afflalo’s thoughts about his ability to create his own shot, how important it is for him to be efficient, and how the Nuggets changed after the Carmelo trade, click through to read the full interview.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3