Nov 2, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
The always-entertaining Brian Scalabrine, currently playing in Italy for Benetton Treviso, recently did an interview with HoopsHype.com. In it, he addressed a variety of topics, including last season’s Bulls team, which he described as “not really close” to winning a championship, in comparison to the two Boston Celtics teams he was a part of that made it to the NBA Finals.
“You lack experience at playoff level. Derrick Rose needs to go through the bumps and bruises of the playoffs to get over the hump,” said the popular reserve power forward, who won a title in 2008. “If you watched the games against Miami, the Heat knew how to get over the hump.
“Dwyane Wade and LeBron James both have been in the finals and Dwyane has performed in the finals,” he continued, perhaps taking a subtle jab at the much-maligned James.
“Michael Jordan had to get through the Pistons, and the Pistons had to get through the Celtics. It’s like once you go through that, then that’s when you become a better team.”
Click through to the full article to see what the popular former Celtics and Bulls forward thinks about the time he’s spent in Italy, how he’s still a fan favorite overseas, and what the current free agent’s plans for the future are.
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 0
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 3
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 27
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26