Nov 2, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
The always-entertaining Brian Scalabrine, currently playing in Italy for Benetton Treviso, recently did an interview with HoopsHype.com. In it, he addressed a variety of topics, including last season’s Bulls team, which he described as “not really close” to winning a championship, in comparison to the two Boston Celtics teams he was a part of that made it to the NBA Finals.
“You lack experience at playoff level. Derrick Rose needs to go through the bumps and bruises of the playoffs to get over the hump,” said the popular reserve power forward, who won a title in 2008. “If you watched the games against Miami, the Heat knew how to get over the hump.
“Dwyane Wade and LeBron James both have been in the finals and Dwyane has performed in the finals,” he continued, perhaps taking a subtle jab at the much-maligned James.
“Michael Jordan had to get through the Pistons, and the Pistons had to get through the Celtics. It’s like once you go through that, then that’s when you become a better team.”
Click through to the full article to see what the popular former Celtics and Bulls forward thinks about the time he’s spent in Italy, how he’s still a fan favorite overseas, and what the current free agent’s plans for the future are.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 4
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 11
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 37
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1