Nov 2, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
The always-entertaining Brian Scalabrine, currently playing in Italy for Benetton Treviso, recently did an interview with HoopsHype.com. In it, he addressed a variety of topics, including last season’s Bulls team, which he described as “not really close” to winning a championship, in comparison to the two Boston Celtics teams he was a part of that made it to the NBA Finals.
“You lack experience at playoff level. Derrick Rose needs to go through the bumps and bruises of the playoffs to get over the hump,” said the popular reserve power forward, who won a title in 2008. “If you watched the games against Miami, the Heat knew how to get over the hump.
“Dwyane Wade and LeBron James both have been in the finals and Dwyane has performed in the finals,” he continued, perhaps taking a subtle jab at the much-maligned James.
“Michael Jordan had to get through the Pistons, and the Pistons had to get through the Celtics. It’s like once you go through that, then that’s when you become a better team.”
Click through to the full article to see what the popular former Celtics and Bulls forward thinks about the time he’s spent in Italy, how he’s still a fan favorite overseas, and what the current free agent’s plans for the future are.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22