Nov 2, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
The always-entertaining Brian Scalabrine, currently playing in Italy for Benetton Treviso, recently did an interview with HoopsHype.com. In it, he addressed a variety of topics, including last season’s Bulls team, which he described as “not really close” to winning a championship, in comparison to the two Boston Celtics teams he was a part of that made it to the NBA Finals.
“You lack experience at playoff level. Derrick Rose needs to go through the bumps and bruises of the playoffs to get over the hump,” said the popular reserve power forward, who won a title in 2008. “If you watched the games against Miami, the Heat knew how to get over the hump.
“Dwyane Wade and LeBron James both have been in the finals and Dwyane has performed in the finals,” he continued, perhaps taking a subtle jab at the much-maligned James.
“Michael Jordan had to get through the Pistons, and the Pistons had to get through the Celtics. It’s like once you go through that, then that’s when you become a better team.”
Click through to the full article to see what the popular former Celtics and Bulls forward thinks about the time he’s spent in Italy, how he’s still a fan favorite overseas, and what the current free agent’s plans for the future are.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7