Nov 2, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
So long as the lockout drags on, we’re going to see NBA exhibition and charity games put on by players. There is a one in San Jose this coming weekend featuring Warriors old and new, with more on the way.
Rudy Gay is having his own charity game in Memphis on November 8. Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, John Wall, Josh Smith, Corey Maggette, Kyle Lowry, Zach Randolph, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson and Sebastian Telfair are among the players expected to play in the game. The game will be played at the Desoto Civic Center and will benefit the area’s educational programs.
While we’re in the south, Atlanta may have a showcase coming this weekend, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.
Damien Wilkins, Dominique’s nephew, who most recently played with the Hawks, will gather some of his buddies Saturday at Clark Atlanta for something called the Monster Slam Exhibition Game. Hawks scheduled to appear are Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Jeff Teague. Among others scheduled to appear are Jarrett Jack (New Orleans), Rudy Gay (Memphis), Louis Williams (Philadelphia) and Anthony Morrow (New Jersey)…. Proceeds go to the Boys & Girls Club.
Just keeping you up to date of what is coming to your neighborhood. We’d rather it was NBA basketball.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10