Nov 2, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
So long as the lockout drags on, we’re going to see NBA exhibition and charity games put on by players. There is a one in San Jose this coming weekend featuring Warriors old and new, with more on the way.
Rudy Gay is having his own charity game in Memphis on November 8. Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, John Wall, Josh Smith, Corey Maggette, Kyle Lowry, Zach Randolph, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson and Sebastian Telfair are among the players expected to play in the game. The game will be played at the Desoto Civic Center and will benefit the area’s educational programs.
While we’re in the south, Atlanta may have a showcase coming this weekend, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.
Damien Wilkins, Dominique’s nephew, who most recently played with the Hawks, will gather some of his buddies Saturday at Clark Atlanta for something called the Monster Slam Exhibition Game. Hawks scheduled to appear are Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Jeff Teague. Among others scheduled to appear are Jarrett Jack (New Orleans), Rudy Gay (Memphis), Louis Williams (Philadelphia) and Anthony Morrow (New Jersey)…. Proceeds go to the Boys & Girls Club.
Just keeping you up to date of what is coming to your neighborhood. We’d rather it was NBA basketball.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 39
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8