Nov 2, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
So long as the lockout drags on, we’re going to see NBA exhibition and charity games put on by players. There is a one in San Jose this coming weekend featuring Warriors old and new, with more on the way.
Rudy Gay is having his own charity game in Memphis on November 8. Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, John Wall, Josh Smith, Corey Maggette, Kyle Lowry, Zach Randolph, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson and Sebastian Telfair are among the players expected to play in the game. The game will be played at the Desoto Civic Center and will benefit the area’s educational programs.
While we’re in the south, Atlanta may have a showcase coming this weekend, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.
Damien Wilkins, Dominique’s nephew, who most recently played with the Hawks, will gather some of his buddies Saturday at Clark Atlanta for something called the Monster Slam Exhibition Game. Hawks scheduled to appear are Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Jeff Teague. Among others scheduled to appear are Jarrett Jack (New Orleans), Rudy Gay (Memphis), Louis Williams (Philadelphia) and Anthony Morrow (New Jersey)…. Proceeds go to the Boys & Girls Club.
Just keeping you up to date of what is coming to your neighborhood. We’d rather it was NBA basketball.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11