Nov 2, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
So long as the lockout drags on, we’re going to see NBA exhibition and charity games put on by players. There is a one in San Jose this coming weekend featuring Warriors old and new, with more on the way.
Rudy Gay is having his own charity game in Memphis on November 8. Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, John Wall, Josh Smith, Corey Maggette, Kyle Lowry, Zach Randolph, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson and Sebastian Telfair are among the players expected to play in the game. The game will be played at the Desoto Civic Center and will benefit the area’s educational programs.
While we’re in the south, Atlanta may have a showcase coming this weekend, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.
Damien Wilkins, Dominique’s nephew, who most recently played with the Hawks, will gather some of his buddies Saturday at Clark Atlanta for something called the Monster Slam Exhibition Game. Hawks scheduled to appear are Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Jeff Teague. Among others scheduled to appear are Jarrett Jack (New Orleans), Rudy Gay (Memphis), Louis Williams (Philadelphia) and Anthony Morrow (New Jersey)…. Proceeds go to the Boys & Girls Club.
Just keeping you up to date of what is coming to your neighborhood. We’d rather it was NBA basketball.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43