Nov 2, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
So long as the lockout drags on, we’re going to see NBA exhibition and charity games put on by players. There is a one in San Jose this coming weekend featuring Warriors old and new, with more on the way.
Rudy Gay is having his own charity game in Memphis on November 8. Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, John Wall, Josh Smith, Corey Maggette, Kyle Lowry, Zach Randolph, Mike Conley, Tony Allen, Nate Robinson and Sebastian Telfair are among the players expected to play in the game. The game will be played at the Desoto Civic Center and will benefit the area’s educational programs.
While we’re in the south, Atlanta may have a showcase coming this weekend, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.
Damien Wilkins, Dominique’s nephew, who most recently played with the Hawks, will gather some of his buddies Saturday at Clark Atlanta for something called the Monster Slam Exhibition Game. Hawks scheduled to appear are Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Jeff Teague. Among others scheduled to appear are Jarrett Jack (New Orleans), Rudy Gay (Memphis), Louis Williams (Philadelphia) and Anthony Morrow (New Jersey)…. Proceeds go to the Boys & Girls Club.
Just keeping you up to date of what is coming to your neighborhood. We’d rather it was NBA basketball.
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 9
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 15
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 5
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 23
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 10