Nov 2, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Saturday in San Jose, Warriors fans can believe again.
One of the few highlights of the 17 years of George Cohen ownership was the “We Believe” playoffs of 2007 when the eight-seed Warriors knocked off the top seed Dallas Mavericks in a legendary first round series. A number of players from that team will take on some players from the current team in an exhibition Saturday.
Richardson is also a free agent (or will be when the lockout ends). He’s bounced around the league since leaving Golden State having played in Phoenix, Charlotte and Orlando. He’s a big guard on a team that with Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis is a small backcourt. Connect the dots if you want.
“I would never shut down an opportunity to return there,” Richardson said. “Like I said, it’s home to me. The Warriors were the team that drafted me, believed in my ability and talent. I want to keep all of my options when it comes to teams and situations I’d be willing to do.
“I’d never count out going back to the Bay. I would definitely be open to it.”
As always, it’s going to come down to money. Whoever offers Richardson the most is where he’ll play next year. But add him as the first guard off the bench and you have an interesting trio for the Warriors.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 2
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 52
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 28
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (80)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (64)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights