Nov 2, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
I’m not exactly an expert on relationships and romance, but I’m fairly sure pistol whipping your girlfriend’s brother does not set the mood.
Yet that’s what former NBA player Oliver Miller pled guilty to Tuesday, according to Fox Sports.
Deputy State’s Attorney Thomas J. Fleckenstein said Miller, 41, followed Jason Worley out of a barbecue in Arnold, Ma. — 35 miles east of Washington, D.C. — after a dispute and was seen striking Worley in the head with his gun outside the man’s home.
The prosecutor said Worley suffered a concussion, among other injuries. Miller is due to be sentenced December 16.
It’s not a funny situation, although that this happened at a barbeque has some irony. Miller played in nine NBA seasons and showed some skill and promise early on in his career in Phoenix. But Miller’s career went went down as his weight went up.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 17
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 23
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 20
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27