Nov 2, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
I’m not exactly an expert on relationships and romance, but I’m fairly sure pistol whipping your girlfriend’s brother does not set the mood.
Yet that’s what former NBA player Oliver Miller pled guilty to Tuesday, according to Fox Sports.
Deputy State’s Attorney Thomas J. Fleckenstein said Miller, 41, followed Jason Worley out of a barbecue in Arnold, Ma. — 35 miles east of Washington, D.C. — after a dispute and was seen striking Worley in the head with his gun outside the man’s home.
The prosecutor said Worley suffered a concussion, among other injuries. Miller is due to be sentenced December 16.
It’s not a funny situation, although that this happened at a barbeque has some irony. Miller played in nine NBA seasons and showed some skill and promise early on in his career in Phoenix. But Miller’s career went went down as his weight went up.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 2
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5