Nov 2, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
I’m not exactly an expert on relationships and romance, but I’m fairly sure pistol whipping your girlfriend’s brother does not set the mood.
Yet that’s what former NBA player Oliver Miller pled guilty to Tuesday, according to Fox Sports.
Deputy State’s Attorney Thomas J. Fleckenstein said Miller, 41, followed Jason Worley out of a barbecue in Arnold, Ma. — 35 miles east of Washington, D.C. — after a dispute and was seen striking Worley in the head with his gun outside the man’s home.
The prosecutor said Worley suffered a concussion, among other injuries. Miller is due to be sentenced December 16.
It’s not a funny situation, although that this happened at a barbeque has some irony. Miller played in nine NBA seasons and showed some skill and promise early on in his career in Phoenix. But Miller’s career went went down as his weight went up.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61