Nov 2, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
I’m not exactly an expert on relationships and romance, but I’m fairly sure pistol whipping your girlfriend’s brother does not set the mood.
Yet that’s what former NBA player Oliver Miller pled guilty to Tuesday, according to Fox Sports.
Deputy State’s Attorney Thomas J. Fleckenstein said Miller, 41, followed Jason Worley out of a barbecue in Arnold, Ma. — 35 miles east of Washington, D.C. — after a dispute and was seen striking Worley in the head with his gun outside the man’s home.
The prosecutor said Worley suffered a concussion, among other injuries. Miller is due to be sentenced December 16.
It’s not a funny situation, although that this happened at a barbeque has some irony. Miller played in nine NBA seasons and showed some skill and promise early on in his career in Phoenix. But Miller’s career went went down as his weight went up.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14