Nov 2, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
I’m not exactly an expert on relationships and romance, but I’m fairly sure pistol whipping your girlfriend’s brother does not set the mood.
Yet that’s what former NBA player Oliver Miller pled guilty to Tuesday, according to Fox Sports.
Deputy State’s Attorney Thomas J. Fleckenstein said Miller, 41, followed Jason Worley out of a barbecue in Arnold, Ma. — 35 miles east of Washington, D.C. — after a dispute and was seen striking Worley in the head with his gun outside the man’s home.
The prosecutor said Worley suffered a concussion, among other injuries. Miller is due to be sentenced December 16.
It’s not a funny situation, although that this happened at a barbeque has some irony. Miller played in nine NBA seasons and showed some skill and promise early on in his career in Phoenix. But Miller’s career went went down as his weight went up.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4