Nov 1, 2011, 8:04 AM EDT
There are a few guys you see around the NBA — Ron Artest and LeBron James, for example — and when you look at their build you think they could have played in the NFL.
Not Kevin Durant. He is lankly and not built for violent contact.
But he played some football Monday evening. Intramural flag football at Oklahoma State, but still some football. So tweeted James Poling of the Daily Collegian.
It started earlier in the day when Durant tweeted:
This lockout is really boring..anybody playing flag football in Okc..I need to run around or something!”
He got a response with an offer and few hours later he was in Stillwater, Oklahoma, playing some intramural game with some college kids.
Name another pro athlete would do that? Sure, I’d rather he were resting up before the season opener with the Lakers on Tuesday, but this is a pretty cool fill in. A big crowd was there to watch, including some Oklahoma State football players.
Durant played quarterback, corner and a little receiver and dominated the game, according to the Oklahoman. He threw touchdown passes, made interceptions and looked like a world-class athlete against some college fraternity members.
Durant didn’t get the win, however — his Sigma Nu team had to forfeit because he wasn’t a registered player. You think his teammates cared? Exactly. Neither would I.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48