Oct 31, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Apparently Kim Kardashian will be the first to put the NBA’s new amnesty clause into effect.
And whoever had 72 days in the office pool, please come to the front desk and collect your winnings. The couple lasted only half as long as Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra, who got to 144.
Kim Kardashian will file for divorce this morning, after 72 days of not-so-wedded bliss to Kris Humphries … TMZ has learned.
We’re told even though the marriage was short, she will not seek an annulment. It’s a garden variety divorce, in which Kim cites “irreconcilable differences.”
Not sure this is “garden variety” but there is a prenuptial agreement, so it shouldn’t be too complicated. Also, it kind of looked like this was coming.
The couple was married on Aug. 20 in a wedding that reportedly cost around $10 million. She also reportedly made more than $17 million off of the mariage (from the reality show and other publicity rights). So yes, garden variety divorce. There have long been suspicions out there that this marriage was really more about publicity than love. I have no idea, nor do I really care, but this will fuel that speculation. She was able to launch a new reality show with the wedding and now can work a whole grief cycle into it. A grief cycle that will last more than 72 days, I’m guessing.
Humphries is a free agent who played last season with the Nets and they reportedly wanted him back. Not having reality show television cameras following him around may mean more teams have interest in him (most teams don’t want that in their locker room).
Now we’ll see if there is a “Kardashian divorce effect.”
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29