Oct 31, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Apparently Kim Kardashian will be the first to put the NBA’s new amnesty clause into effect.
And whoever had 72 days in the office pool, please come to the front desk and collect your winnings. The couple lasted only half as long as Dennis Rodman and Carmen Electra, who got to 144.
Kim Kardashian will file for divorce this morning, after 72 days of not-so-wedded bliss to Kris Humphries … TMZ has learned.
We’re told even though the marriage was short, she will not seek an annulment. It’s a garden variety divorce, in which Kim cites “irreconcilable differences.”
Not sure this is “garden variety” but there is a prenuptial agreement, so it shouldn’t be too complicated. Also, it kind of looked like this was coming.
The couple was married on Aug. 20 in a wedding that reportedly cost around $10 million. She also reportedly made more than $17 million off of the mariage (from the reality show and other publicity rights). So yes, garden variety divorce. There have long been suspicions out there that this marriage was really more about publicity than love. I have no idea, nor do I really care, but this will fuel that speculation. She was able to launch a new reality show with the wedding and now can work a whole grief cycle into it. A grief cycle that will last more than 72 days, I’m guessing.
Humphries is a free agent who played last season with the Nets and they reportedly wanted him back. Not having reality show television cameras following him around may mean more teams have interest in him (most teams don’t want that in their locker room).
Now we’ll see if there is a “Kardashian divorce effect.”
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2