Oct 30, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Lots of teams are holding team practices. There will be a season, you know, eventually, maybe, and at that point, being as far along on your conditioning as possible is going to be crucial. So most teams are pushing to get together and work on chemistry and conditioning.
But not the Celtics.
The old guys plus Rondo not only don’t have plans for a workout, but Rajon Rondo specifically doesn’t’ think they need it, that it’ll help them more to not practice. From Yahoo! Sports:
In past years, the Celtics players usually started working out together at the team’s practice facility a month before training camp. That wasn’t possible this season because of the lockout – though not everyone views it as a negative.
“It might help us,” Rondo said. “Fresher legs. Not as much wear and tear without [a normal] training camp.”
The Celtics have needed to stay healthy every year since 2008 and it’s been rough. Kevin Garnett has missed a lot of time and the rest of their team has gotten run down, including Shaquille O’Neal next year. It’s not like the big four don’t know how to work together. Still, it seems weird that a team that is so driven to win isn’t in a hurry. Pro’s pros, I guess.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18