Oct 28, 2011, 4:53 PM EST
According to multiple sources, the lockout talks between the player’s union and the owners have hit an impasse over the BRI split. The players want 52%, the owners want to give them 50%, and neither side is budging.
Talks for the day are reportedly over, and according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, no future talks have been scheduled yet.
Reports from multiple sources say more games will be cancelled today (or in the next 24 hours).
The issue was more than just BRI, the two sides got stuck on the final details of the system issues as well.
If you want to see basketball soon, there’s no good way to spin this — each side wants what it wants, and each side is willing to sacrifice games in order to try to get it. After a brief window of hope, things are looking grim once again.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11