Oct 28, 2011, 4:53 PM EST
According to multiple sources, the lockout talks between the player’s union and the owners have hit an impasse over the BRI split. The players want 52%, the owners want to give them 50%, and neither side is budging.
Talks for the day are reportedly over, and according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, no future talks have been scheduled yet.
Reports from multiple sources say more games will be cancelled today (or in the next 24 hours).
The issue was more than just BRI, the two sides got stuck on the final details of the system issues as well.
If you want to see basketball soon, there’s no good way to spin this — each side wants what it wants, and each side is willing to sacrifice games in order to try to get it. After a brief window of hope, things are looking grim once again.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 13
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 3
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 25
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 27
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25