Oct 28, 2011, 4:53 PM EDT
According to multiple sources, the lockout talks between the player’s union and the owners have hit an impasse over the BRI split. The players want 52%, the owners want to give them 50%, and neither side is budging.
Talks for the day are reportedly over, and according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, no future talks have been scheduled yet.
Reports from multiple sources say more games will be cancelled today (or in the next 24 hours).
The issue was more than just BRI, the two sides got stuck on the final details of the system issues as well.
If you want to see basketball soon, there’s no good way to spin this — each side wants what it wants, and each side is willing to sacrifice games in order to try to get it. After a brief window of hope, things are looking grim once again.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 4
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 7
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4