Oct 28, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
There are times I feel like we are going a little Fox Mulder with the lockout, trying to find signs that it is about to end where no such sign exists.
And then there are things that just hit you over the head.
Like the emails sent to employees of the Nets and 76ers, as reported at Deadspin.
The New Jersey Nets ticket sales office, idle for most of the fall, is holding a series of hastily called meetings today under the theme “Be Ready.” One staffer tells us that a department-wide email has been circulated, instructing employees that “it’s time to get back to work.” The short-staffed 76ers’ team office has been told that Monday will be “all hands on deck,” as per orders from the league.
Yes, these kind of letters have gone out from several teams earlier in the lockout, trying to keep employees on their toes. Yes, there are still big issues to be solved — BRI and luxury tax issues. Yes, one should never underestimate the power of Dan Gilbert to screw a good thing up.
That said, I think pretty soon we will be talking basketball, not lockout. Which would be a nice change of pace.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 12
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 13
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 7
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay