Oct 28, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
There are things you should not admit publicly. For example, that you like Jimmy Buffett music. Or that you don’t like chocolate. People will just look at you askew if you say that out loud.
Or, if you’re a baller, saying that you think you can be better than Michael Jordan.
Well, we’d like you to meet soon to be second year player for the Wizards, Jordan Crawford. Feel free to look at him askew, because you know Michael Lee from the Washington Post did when Crawford told him this.
“I don’t tell nobody, but I feel like I can be better than Michael Jordan,” Crawford said, without the slightest hint of sarcasm. “When I’m done playing, I don’t want people to say, Michael Jordan is the best player. I want that to be me. That’s how I am. That’s how I was built.”
Um, what? You realize people will look at you sideways and think you’re crazy for saying that, right?
“Yeah, I know that, I definitely know that. But I’m not settling for anything less,” Crawford said. “I feel like I’m better than him, anyway. My mom is going to say I’m better than him.”
Just for the record, Crawford played in 42 games last season, averaged 11.7 points per game in those, had a below average PER of 11.8 and was in the negative on win shares (meaning he cost his team wins). Jordan, by the way, played in a full 82 as a rookie, averaged 28.2 points per game and had a PER of 25.8 and 14 win shares.
But I’m not going to argue with Crawford’s mom. Not a chance.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43