Oct 28, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
For some reason, the 1999 NBA finals is on my mind today. You remember that one, the Spurs championship with an asterisk? The one from the strike-shortened season. (Actually, they don’t deserve an asterisk, I was just channeling Phil Jackson for a second).
What you see are the top 10 plays from that finals, as picked by NBA.com. Enjoy. And remember this is what real basketball looks like. We may not see it for a while.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17