Oct 27, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
They really need to end the lockout. Soon. So we can talk about basketball.
In that absence we bring you this bit of shocking news — things may not be “happily ever after” for free agent forward Kris Humphries and reality star Kim Kardashian.
First came reports that former Nets forward Humphries is weary of having reality show cameras following his every move. That he wants some space and privacy (or at least more money for the inconvenience). I’m not sure what he expected marrying a Kardashian — he should have talked to Lamar Odom — but I do get the request. Whatever.
Now comes this report blowing up all over the Internet Thursday — that Kardashian reality producers tried to set her up with the Knicks Danilo Gallinari first, but he shot the idea down. From WetPaint.com via The Big Lead.
last fall, a representative of E! … approached the New York Knicks to find out if Danilo Gallinari, the studly Italian who was then a forward on the team, would be interested in dating Kim. According to our source, both E! and Kim were interested in having her date a big New York athlete for the debut season of Kourtney & Kim Take New York, and the Knicks were their first choice … Gallinari — then 22 to Kim’s 30 — was told that such a move would be good for his career and that he would garner lots of media exposure. Gallinari declined, saying he would be happy to meet Kim but wasn’t interested in dating or being a reality-show star. E! had “no comment” when we called them.
I don’t know what really happened. I don’t care. I know the official story is Jordan Farmar introduced Humphries and Kardashian, but what really happened? I don’t know. Is the Humphries/Kardashian marriage real love or a reality television ploy? I don’t care.
Man, I miss basketball. Actual games. I’m going to take a shower now, I feel like I’ve been rolling around in the mud.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 12
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7