Oct 26, 2011, 12:44 PM EST
The world-traveling exhibition tour that will feature a number of NBA players will get underway Saturday in Puerto Rico, with plenty of highlights to follow. Not a lot of defense, but a lot of highlights.
And we’re starting to get a list of who is on board, via Chris Broussard at ESPN.
The remaining 14 players will be announced Wednesday. LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Boozer, Tyson, Steve Nash, Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo and Chris Kaman are among the candidates.
“The scheduling was just too tough,” Rose told reporters prior to an exhibition game on an Air Force base (in Hawaii, where Rose is part of a USO tour with other NBA players).
Also not on the list is Russell Westbrook. Still, that is some pretty wild firepower and will be a big international draw. It will have no impact on the lockout negotiations, but it’s another interesting distraction.
The tour will start Saturday in Puerto Rico then Puerto Rico is scheduled to move on to London, Macau and Melbourne, Australia. Another date may be added. Players are expected to be paid at least six figures and in some cases up to $1 million for the series.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 18
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13