Oct 26, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
The world-traveling exhibition tour that will feature a number of NBA players will get underway Saturday in Puerto Rico, with plenty of highlights to follow. Not a lot of defense, but a lot of highlights.
And we’re starting to get a list of who is on board, via Chris Broussard at ESPN.
The remaining 14 players will be announced Wednesday. LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Boozer, Tyson, Steve Nash, Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo and Chris Kaman are among the candidates.
“The scheduling was just too tough,” Rose told reporters prior to an exhibition game on an Air Force base (in Hawaii, where Rose is part of a USO tour with other NBA players).
Also not on the list is Russell Westbrook. Still, that is some pretty wild firepower and will be a big international draw. It will have no impact on the lockout negotiations, but it’s another interesting distraction.
The tour will start Saturday in Puerto Rico then Puerto Rico is scheduled to move on to London, Macau and Melbourne, Australia. Another date may be added. Players are expected to be paid at least six figures and in some cases up to $1 million for the series.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6