Oct 26, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
The world-traveling exhibition tour that will feature a number of NBA players will get underway Saturday in Puerto Rico, with plenty of highlights to follow. Not a lot of defense, but a lot of highlights.
And we’re starting to get a list of who is on board, via Chris Broussard at ESPN.
The remaining 14 players will be announced Wednesday. LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Boozer, Tyson, Steve Nash, Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo and Chris Kaman are among the candidates.
“The scheduling was just too tough,” Rose told reporters prior to an exhibition game on an Air Force base (in Hawaii, where Rose is part of a USO tour with other NBA players).
Also not on the list is Russell Westbrook. Still, that is some pretty wild firepower and will be a big international draw. It will have no impact on the lockout negotiations, but it’s another interesting distraction.
The tour will start Saturday in Puerto Rico then Puerto Rico is scheduled to move on to London, Macau and Melbourne, Australia. Another date may be added. Players are expected to be paid at least six figures and in some cases up to $1 million for the series.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 24
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7