Oct 25, 2011, 12:58 PM EDT
There is talking going on. No, the bigwigs of the league and the NBA players union are not sitting down across a table and actually doing work — why would they do that? — but there is talk going on.
Specifically, the NBA owners are talking revenue sharing again Tuesday. Meanwhile, staffs from the NBA owners and players have been talking even if their bosses haven’t.
Last week at the Board of Governors meetings the owners were presented a long worked on revenue sharing plan… that left everybody confused and not everyone in support of it. So, they are back at it today. The revenue sharing plan cannot be finalized until the deal with the players is in place, but the plan presented would have about tripled the $60 million shared last season. I’m sure Cavs owner Dan Gilbert doesn’t think that’s enough, but it sounds like it to me.
On another note, Chris Broussard at ESPN reports that the staffs for the owners and players continue to talk and met for a while on Monday. Which is nice. Not thrilling, but nice. But until the big guns — Billy Hunter and David Stern — sit down in a room again with actual desire to get a deal, it’s hard to get too excited about it. Especially with more games about to be canceled.
- Report: Clippers just need owner’s approval to finalize Garnett, Rivers trade 1
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 6
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 6
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 14
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 38
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record