Oct 25, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Rumors started to fly around on Tuesday that Derrick Rose was talking to KK Zagreb of Croatia and might go play there during the lockout.
Nope. Never was going to happen. Rose has been consistent is saying he wasn’t going right now even though he was contacted by some teams. Including KK Zagreb, who made an offer. Rose (like most NBA stars) was never going to do more than an exhibition tour.
Here is our man Aggrey Smith of CSNChicago.com explaining it:
“A day after news leaked about Croatian team KK Zagreb’s recruitment of the Chicago native, the club issued a clarifying statement, in which it acknowledged that they initiated the process. Regardless, it’s unlikely that Rose will play for the squad, although reports continue to indicate that he may join a star-studded, multi-continent tour with other stars, possibly including Bulls teammate Carlos Boozer, set to begin Saturday in Puerto Rico.”
So back away from the ledge Bulls fans. All D-Rose is going to do is take it to some fans and pimp some shoes in the process. For now.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11