Oct 25, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
Rumors started to fly around on Tuesday that Derrick Rose was talking to KK Zagreb of Croatia and might go play there during the lockout.
Nope. Never was going to happen. Rose has been consistent is saying he wasn’t going right now even though he was contacted by some teams. Including KK Zagreb, who made an offer. Rose (like most NBA stars) was never going to do more than an exhibition tour.
Here is our man Aggrey Smith of CSNChicago.com explaining it:
“A day after news leaked about Croatian team KK Zagreb’s recruitment of the Chicago native, the club issued a clarifying statement, in which it acknowledged that they initiated the process. Regardless, it’s unlikely that Rose will play for the squad, although reports continue to indicate that he may join a star-studded, multi-continent tour with other stars, possibly including Bulls teammate Carlos Boozer, set to begin Saturday in Puerto Rico.”
So back away from the ledge Bulls fans. All D-Rose is going to do is take it to some fans and pimp some shoes in the process. For now.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 3
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 3
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 11
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Report: Kenyon Martin, Metta World Peace had “heated” argument (35)