Oct 25, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Rumors started to fly around on Tuesday that Derrick Rose was talking to KK Zagreb of Croatia and might go play there during the lockout.
Nope. Never was going to happen. Rose has been consistent is saying he wasn’t going right now even though he was contacted by some teams. Including KK Zagreb, who made an offer. Rose (like most NBA stars) was never going to do more than an exhibition tour.
Here is our man Aggrey Smith of CSNChicago.com explaining it:
“A day after news leaked about Croatian team KK Zagreb’s recruitment of the Chicago native, the club issued a clarifying statement, in which it acknowledged that they initiated the process. Regardless, it’s unlikely that Rose will play for the squad, although reports continue to indicate that he may join a star-studded, multi-continent tour with other stars, possibly including Bulls teammate Carlos Boozer, set to begin Saturday in Puerto Rico.”
So back away from the ledge Bulls fans. All D-Rose is going to do is take it to some fans and pimp some shoes in the process. For now.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 23
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 22
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2