Oct 25, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT
Don’t worry Portland, just because we don’t like your owner doesn’t mean we don’t like you.
The Trail Blazers forward announced on Twitter that he will host an exhibition basketball game Nov. 6 at 7:30 p.m. at an undisclosed Portland location.
“Rip City is having a basketball game!” Aldridge said, via twitter.
Aldridge just played in Kevin Durant’s game in Oklahoma City last weekend. His Rip City game may well come together, although until I hear a venue and tickets going on sale (and what the charity will be) consider me cautious.
Still, it would be good to take this game to Portland, since it doesn’t look like we’ll have any NBA ball for a while.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7