Oct 25, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT
Don’t worry Portland, just because we don’t like your owner doesn’t mean we don’t like you.
The Trail Blazers forward announced on Twitter that he will host an exhibition basketball game Nov. 6 at 7:30 p.m. at an undisclosed Portland location.
“Rip City is having a basketball game!” Aldridge said, via twitter.
Aldridge just played in Kevin Durant’s game in Oklahoma City last weekend. His Rip City game may well come together, although until I hear a venue and tickets going on sale (and what the charity will be) consider me cautious.
Still, it would be good to take this game to Portland, since it doesn’t look like we’ll have any NBA ball for a while.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 51
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 31