Oct 25, 2011, 3:25 PM EST
Don’t worry Portland, just because we don’t like your owner doesn’t mean we don’t like you.
The Trail Blazers forward announced on Twitter that he will host an exhibition basketball game Nov. 6 at 7:30 p.m. at an undisclosed Portland location.
“Rip City is having a basketball game!” Aldridge said, via twitter.
Aldridge just played in Kevin Durant’s game in Oklahoma City last weekend. His Rip City game may well come together, although until I hear a venue and tickets going on sale (and what the charity will be) consider me cautious.
Still, it would be good to take this game to Portland, since it doesn’t look like we’ll have any NBA ball for a while.
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 0
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 0
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 26
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (45)