Oct 24, 2011, 8:06 AM EDT
When the NBA labor talks blew up last Thursday, we all knew it would just be a matter of time before more games were cancelled. Probably Monday or Tuesday of this week. The first two weeks of the season we already toast so what was next, another two weeks?
How about just saying it’s indefinite?
That’s what is likely to come down in the next 48 hours. Ken Berger at CBSSports.com tweets.
Pretty widely expected that NBA’s next announcement will be that start of season postponed “indefinitely,” or “until further notice.”
Question is, will league and union meet/bargain before that announcement is made? Nothing planned for (Sunday), source says.
It is expected that the two sides will sit down again later this week, although nothing is yet set up. That’s the pattern of these talks: meet for a few days, have an ugly break up with public sniping, calm down for a few days then get back at it. The two sides are dug in and while you and I could find a middle ground that would end this lockout pretty quickly, right now neither side will go there.
So indefinite start to the season it is.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 4
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 36
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?