Oct 24, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
As the NBA lockout drags on, the number of charity games featuring NBA players keeps increasing.
Promising festivities akin to “a Magic All-Star weekend,” Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard said over Twitter on Saturday that he’s putting together events for Nov. 11-13 that will include an exhibition game that Sunday at UCF.
“Orlando is gonna love what’s about to happen,” Howard wrote.
A couple of days ago, Howard floated over Twitter the idea of an “old-school vs. new-school exhibition game/weekend” in Orlando, and it appears that he’s following through on his plans.
“Old-school vs. new-school?” So Jason Kidd vs. Justin Bieber at point guard?
Howard is looking at the same weekend as the other Howard, which could be an issue. But there are plenty of NBA players looking for things to do right now, reports the Post.
With the lockout wiping out the first two weeks of the regular season and more cancellations expected to follow after failed negotiations last week, Howard is taking advantage of the opening to host a charity game on Nov. 12. Players expected to participate include Howard’s Wizards teammates John Wall, Andray Blatche and Nick Young; his former Mavericks teammates Jason Terry, Marquis Daniels, DeSagana Diop and Quinton Ross; Portland Trail Blazers forward and Dallas native LaMarcus Aldridge; New Orleans Hornets guard Jarrett Jack; Mavericks guard Corey Brewer; Minnesota forward Anthony Randolph; Toronto forward Reggie Evans; Sacramento Kings draft pick Isaiah Thomas; and former NBA player Damon Jones.
Expect to see more of these games until we get to see games that actually mean something.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17