Oct 24, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
There could be a tattoo of a Rubik’s Cube on Chris Andersen. Hard to say.
But we can now officially say that the Nuggets colorful shot blocker off the bench is a Rubik’s Cube guy. You remember, the cube you learned how to take apart and put back together with all the colors aligned so you could tell your friends you did it the right way.
Andersen actually is into the cube, enough to do some color commentary on a competition. Seriously. Students from Colorado were in Colorado Springs Saturday for the first “You CAN Do The Rubik’s Cube” event, reports the Colorado Springs Gazette (via Ball Don’t Lie).
The competition features a little star power. Denver Nuggets’ player Chris “Birdman” Andersen will offer commentary during the tournament and will present awards to the winners. Andersen is a Rubik’s Cube fan and he supports an in-school program designed to foster students’ science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills.
I’m not sure what color commentary sounds like in one of those competitions. “Look at the way little Johnnie got the blue side lined up so fast, he really is the Michael Jordan of the Rubik’s Cube.” “Oh, Steve was just a few turns away from winning this competition but made a bad twist under pressure, he’s the LeBron James of Rubik’s Cubes.”
The best part of the competition would have been the families that brought their grandparents, and their reaction to the Birdman.
Still, all for a good cause so good on Andersen.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games