Oct 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Amar’e Stoudemire isn’t just working out with Isiah Thomas and talking about forming a players’ league. Apparently he’s also becoming an entertainment force. And that includes his own show. “The Amar’e Stoudemire Super-Fun Existentialist Discovery Half-Hour!” Okay, that’s not the name (but it should be). Anyway, from the Hollywood Reporter:
Earlier in October, New York Knicks star Amare Stoudemire pitched to a handful of major networks a half-hour scripted comedy that he is developing with producers Jeff Kwatinetz and Happy Walters, who is Stoudemire’s agent and president of Rogue Sports, Relativity Media’s sports business.
Waters’ media connections were going to come around eventually. After all, not every agent was the music supervisor for “The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie.” With this much time on his hands, Stoudemire was going to do something to expand his personal brand.
Can Stoudemire crossover on that kind of stage? He’s got the exposure with the New York market, and he’s engaging, but in his limited appearances, it doesn’t seem like he’s a natural for a comedy like that. But depending on the format, it might work, especially if Stoudemire can throw in a few of his Knicks buddies. Then again, the reports is only that the show has been pitched, not that it’s been picked up. Someone has to commit to the concept, which is tricky for a number of reasons, including Stoudemire’s questionable availability depending on if the NBA lockout miraculously ends.
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 3
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 11
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 16
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 49