Oct 22, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
Now that’s just right kind of Spencer. I’m not a fan of Spencer’s game (remember when he was a “steal” for the Kings in the draft? /laugh out loud, as the kids say), or his personality most time, but this was awfully nice. All sports tend to toss away the players after they retire. Some stick around because of their entertainment value, but too many get lost in the cracks, which leads to turmoil for them and their families. The money doesn’t last forever.
This won’t happen, of course, because both sides are scrapping and fighting for every penny they can get personally. Whichever side you support, this is about greed on both sides. You can argue it’s healthy greed, but it’s still greed. A nice thought, though Spencer. What player would you give your money to? I’d give it to Charles Oakley, but that’s just because I’m afraid of him.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28