Oct 22, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Now that’s just right kind of Spencer. I’m not a fan of Spencer’s game (remember when he was a “steal” for the Kings in the draft? /laugh out loud, as the kids say), or his personality most time, but this was awfully nice. All sports tend to toss away the players after they retire. Some stick around because of their entertainment value, but too many get lost in the cracks, which leads to turmoil for them and their families. The money doesn’t last forever.
This won’t happen, of course, because both sides are scrapping and fighting for every penny they can get personally. Whichever side you support, this is about greed on both sides. You can argue it’s healthy greed, but it’s still greed. A nice thought, though Spencer. What player would you give your money to? I’d give it to Charles Oakley, but that’s just because I’m afraid of him.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41