Oct 22, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Now that’s just right kind of Spencer. I’m not a fan of Spencer’s game (remember when he was a “steal” for the Kings in the draft? /laugh out loud, as the kids say), or his personality most time, but this was awfully nice. All sports tend to toss away the players after they retire. Some stick around because of their entertainment value, but too many get lost in the cracks, which leads to turmoil for them and their families. The money doesn’t last forever.
This won’t happen, of course, because both sides are scrapping and fighting for every penny they can get personally. Whichever side you support, this is about greed on both sides. You can argue it’s healthy greed, but it’s still greed. A nice thought, though Spencer. What player would you give your money to? I’d give it to Charles Oakley, but that’s just because I’m afraid of him.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34