Oct 22, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Now that’s just right kind of Spencer. I’m not a fan of Spencer’s game (remember when he was a “steal” for the Kings in the draft? /laugh out loud, as the kids say), or his personality most time, but this was awfully nice. All sports tend to toss away the players after they retire. Some stick around because of their entertainment value, but too many get lost in the cracks, which leads to turmoil for them and their families. The money doesn’t last forever.
This won’t happen, of course, because both sides are scrapping and fighting for every penny they can get personally. Whichever side you support, this is about greed on both sides. You can argue it’s healthy greed, but it’s still greed. A nice thought, though Spencer. What player would you give your money to? I’d give it to Charles Oakley, but that’s just because I’m afraid of him.
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 0
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8