Oct 21, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Well, it looks like we’ll have more time for All-Star filled charity games and international exhibition tours.
So Carmelo Anthony is looking to bring a big one to the New York area… he just needs to find a venue, reports the New York Post. The problem is that Madison Square Garden is out (home to the Knicks), the Prudential Center is out (home to the Nets for now), the Barclay Center is not yet finished.
That doesn’t leave a lot of options.
During an appearance in Greenwich Village on Thursday, the Knicks forward said he’d like to house the all-star charity event at an 18,000-seat arena, with Izod Center in the Meadowlands being considered.
Anthony said the event, which he hopes will include at least nine All-Stars, will take place around Thanksgiving, unless the NBA lockout is settled….
“This would be one of the biggest games this summer and it’s New York,’’ Anthony said. “I don’t think we can hold it at a 4,000-, 5,000-seat arena. Maybe we may have to go to Jersey and hold it at the Izod Center or one of those places that hold 18,000 to 20,000. Because everybody is going to want to come to that game.’
Actually, what everyone wants to do is go to a Knicks games. We’re getting burnt out on the summer fun season as we head into fall. We’d like games where they mix in a little defense. But if you can pull it off and the money goes to a good cause, go for it.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13