Oct 20, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
It’s really hard for the NBA players to win the public relations war. I think they are in the right, that the owners are not really negotiating in good faith. But at the end of the day, if the players took the owners deal they’d make more than 99 percent of Americans and that makes them unsympathetic to the general public.
But the players are trying to make their case, taking to Twitter after talks broke down and pushing the “owners are greedy” angle hard.
Like this tweet from Chris Paul:
Then there is this from Dwyane Wade:
Stephen Curry went multiple tweet to explain the players’ position:
Brian Cardinal feel our pain.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 30
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8