Oct 20, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
It’s really hard for the NBA players to win the public relations war. I think they are in the right, that the owners are not really negotiating in good faith. But at the end of the day, if the players took the owners deal they’d make more than 99 percent of Americans and that makes them unsympathetic to the general public.
But the players are trying to make their case, taking to Twitter after talks broke down and pushing the “owners are greedy” angle hard.
Like this tweet from Chris Paul:
Then there is this from Dwyane Wade:
Stephen Curry went multiple tweet to explain the players’ position:
Brian Cardinal feel our pain.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41