Oct 20, 2011, 10:32 PM EDT
It’s really hard for the NBA players to win the public relations war. I think they are in the right, that the owners are not really negotiating in good faith. But at the end of the day, if the players took the owners deal they’d make more than 99 percent of Americans and that makes them unsympathetic to the general public.
But the players are trying to make their case, taking to Twitter after talks broke down and pushing the “owners are greedy” angle hard.
Like this tweet from Chris Paul:
Then there is this from Dwyane Wade:
Stephen Curry went multiple tweet to explain the players’ position:
Brian Cardinal feel our pain.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 58
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 16
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 43
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33