Oct 20, 2011, 10:32 PM EST
It’s really hard for the NBA players to win the public relations war. I think they are in the right, that the owners are not really negotiating in good faith. But at the end of the day, if the players took the owners deal they’d make more than 99 percent of Americans and that makes them unsympathetic to the general public.
But the players are trying to make their case, taking to Twitter after talks broke down and pushing the “owners are greedy” angle hard.
Like this tweet from Chris Paul:
Then there is this from Dwyane Wade:
Stephen Curry went multiple tweet to explain the players’ position:
Brian Cardinal feel our pain.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 14
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8