Oct 20, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
John Wall has been one of the stars of the summer. The free flowing, showboat and no defense games from the pro-am circuit cater to his strengths, but there has been something special. He looks healthy and his explosive athleticism is back. He is lightning fast end-to-end.
And his jumpshot is falling. I’ve seen Wall play twice in person this summer and his shot looks much more steady, and he looks more confident with it.
You would too if you were making 2,000 shots a day. Which is what Wall told I am a GM he is doing.
John Wall: I didn’t have to shoot jumpshots when I was in high school; I just ran past everybody and just dunked and did whatever. So this whole summer that’s all I’m working on is my jumpshot. I wanna take the next step to being a superstar, to be an All-Star, that’s my goal this year, so I’m working on my jumpshot and everything else….
Question (Audience): So you’ve been working on your jumper. Do you try to hit a certain amount everyday?
John Wall: I have to make 2,000 a day.
Not that Wall is done dunking. Not by a long shot. He’s even thinking of trying to take Blake Griffin’s dunk contest crown.
Yea I’m thinking about it, maybe this year or next year I’ll probably enter the dunk contest.
Wall was solid last year. He was trying to figure out how to work his game into the NBA and he was playing through injuries. This season, look for him to break out.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 10
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 41
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 22