Oct 20, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
John Wall has been one of the stars of the summer. The free flowing, showboat and no defense games from the pro-am circuit cater to his strengths, but there has been something special. He looks healthy and his explosive athleticism is back. He is lightning fast end-to-end.
And his jumpshot is falling. I’ve seen Wall play twice in person this summer and his shot looks much more steady, and he looks more confident with it.
You would too if you were making 2,000 shots a day. Which is what Wall told I am a GM he is doing.
John Wall: I didn’t have to shoot jumpshots when I was in high school; I just ran past everybody and just dunked and did whatever. So this whole summer that’s all I’m working on is my jumpshot. I wanna take the next step to being a superstar, to be an All-Star, that’s my goal this year, so I’m working on my jumpshot and everything else….
Question (Audience): So you’ve been working on your jumper. Do you try to hit a certain amount everyday?
John Wall: I have to make 2,000 a day.
Not that Wall is done dunking. Not by a long shot. He’s even thinking of trying to take Blake Griffin’s dunk contest crown.
Yea I’m thinking about it, maybe this year or next year I’ll probably enter the dunk contest.
Wall was solid last year. He was trying to figure out how to work his game into the NBA and he was playing through injuries. This season, look for him to break out.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 0
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 4
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay