Oct 20, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
John Wall has been one of the stars of the summer. The free flowing, showboat and no defense games from the pro-am circuit cater to his strengths, but there has been something special. He looks healthy and his explosive athleticism is back. He is lightning fast end-to-end.
And his jumpshot is falling. I’ve seen Wall play twice in person this summer and his shot looks much more steady, and he looks more confident with it.
You would too if you were making 2,000 shots a day. Which is what Wall told I am a GM he is doing.
John Wall: I didn’t have to shoot jumpshots when I was in high school; I just ran past everybody and just dunked and did whatever. So this whole summer that’s all I’m working on is my jumpshot. I wanna take the next step to being a superstar, to be an All-Star, that’s my goal this year, so I’m working on my jumpshot and everything else….
Question (Audience): So you’ve been working on your jumper. Do you try to hit a certain amount everyday?
John Wall: I have to make 2,000 a day.
Not that Wall is done dunking. Not by a long shot. He’s even thinking of trying to take Blake Griffin’s dunk contest crown.
Yea I’m thinking about it, maybe this year or next year I’ll probably enter the dunk contest.
Wall was solid last year. He was trying to figure out how to work his game into the NBA and he was playing through injuries. This season, look for him to break out.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10