Oct 20, 2011, 10:13 AM EST
But Jameer Nelson isn’t worried.
“I think it was blown out of proportion,” Nelson said at a charity event for Gametyme Foundation. “I mean, whatever the guy says right now people are going toe it and run with it….
“People ask me every day what he’s going to do,” Nelson said. “I don’t know what he’s going to do. I don’t know what I’m going to do tomorrow. One thing I know is the guy is preparing to be the best player he can be this season, and that’s all I can say. I don’t know what his decision is going to be.
“Whatever he’s going to do, he’s like my little big brother. He’ll definitely have support from me. But obviously, he’s definitely wanted here in Orlando.”
The new labor agreement will impact Howard’s choice. But like we said looking at what the Magic need to do after the lockout, the franchise has boxed itself into a corner with bad contracts. It will be very hard to put more talent around Howard. It is going to be hard to build a team that can compete with Miami and Chicago in the East.
And that’s the reason he may go — Howard wants to win a ring and it doesn’t look like it will happen in Orlando. That is reason to freak out
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18