Oct 20, 2011, 10:13 AM EST
But Jameer Nelson isn’t worried.
“I think it was blown out of proportion,” Nelson said at a charity event for Gametyme Foundation. “I mean, whatever the guy says right now people are going toe it and run with it….
“People ask me every day what he’s going to do,” Nelson said. “I don’t know what he’s going to do. I don’t know what I’m going to do tomorrow. One thing I know is the guy is preparing to be the best player he can be this season, and that’s all I can say. I don’t know what his decision is going to be.
“Whatever he’s going to do, he’s like my little big brother. He’ll definitely have support from me. But obviously, he’s definitely wanted here in Orlando.”
The new labor agreement will impact Howard’s choice. But like we said looking at what the Magic need to do after the lockout, the franchise has boxed itself into a corner with bad contracts. It will be very hard to put more talent around Howard. It is going to be hard to build a team that can compete with Miami and Chicago in the East.
And that’s the reason he may go — Howard wants to win a ring and it doesn’t look like it will happen in Orlando. That is reason to freak out
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 2
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 11
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)