Oct 20, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT
Free agent David West, one of top players on market, has doctor’s full clearance to return after ACL surgery, agent Lance Young tells Y!
West averaged 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds last season, and his combination of a good inside game and a reliable pick-and-pop jump shot has made him Chris Paul‘s favorite target over the past several seasons. Unfortunately, West tore his ACL in late March of last season, and missed the remainder of the season and the playoffs.
The lockout puts West in an awkward position — he has had more time to rehab his knee and try to get back to 100% than he normally would have, but he was in position to command a huge payday this off-season, and the lockout has prevented that from happening. One has to imagine that the Hornets will pay top dollar in order to keep the 31-year old West, if only because they will have an extremely difficult time Chris Paul in New Orleans next off-season if they don’t have West on the roster.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 0
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 40
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44