Oct 20, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT
Free agent David West, one of top players on market, has doctor’s full clearance to return after ACL surgery, agent Lance Young tells Y!
West averaged 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds last season, and his combination of a good inside game and a reliable pick-and-pop jump shot has made him Chris Paul‘s favorite target over the past several seasons. Unfortunately, West tore his ACL in late March of last season, and missed the remainder of the season and the playoffs.
The lockout puts West in an awkward position — he has had more time to rehab his knee and try to get back to 100% than he normally would have, but he was in position to command a huge payday this off-season, and the lockout has prevented that from happening. One has to imagine that the Hornets will pay top dollar in order to keep the 31-year old West, if only because they will have an extremely difficult time Chris Paul in New Orleans next off-season if they don’t have West on the roster.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 41
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30