Oct 20, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT
Free agent David West, one of top players on market, has doctor’s full clearance to return after ACL surgery, agent Lance Young tells Y!
West averaged 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds last season, and his combination of a good inside game and a reliable pick-and-pop jump shot has made him Chris Paul‘s favorite target over the past several seasons. Unfortunately, West tore his ACL in late March of last season, and missed the remainder of the season and the playoffs.
The lockout puts West in an awkward position — he has had more time to rehab his knee and try to get back to 100% than he normally would have, but he was in position to command a huge payday this off-season, and the lockout has prevented that from happening. One has to imagine that the Hornets will pay top dollar in order to keep the 31-year old West, if only because they will have an extremely difficult time Chris Paul in New Orleans next off-season if they don’t have West on the roster.
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 9
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 18
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32