Oct 20, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT
Free agent David West, one of top players on market, has doctor’s full clearance to return after ACL surgery, agent Lance Young tells Y!
West averaged 18.9 points and 7.6 rebounds last season, and his combination of a good inside game and a reliable pick-and-pop jump shot has made him Chris Paul‘s favorite target over the past several seasons. Unfortunately, West tore his ACL in late March of last season, and missed the remainder of the season and the playoffs.
The lockout puts West in an awkward position — he has had more time to rehab his knee and try to get back to 100% than he normally would have, but he was in position to command a huge payday this off-season, and the lockout has prevented that from happening. One has to imagine that the Hornets will pay top dollar in order to keep the 31-year old West, if only because they will have an extremely difficult time Chris Paul in New Orleans next off-season if they don’t have West on the roster.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 3
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 9
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4