Oct 20, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
I can’t imagine why David Stern’s immune system broke down after 25 hours of negotiations over two days and little sleep.
But it has and David Stern was sent home from the NBA Board of Governors meeting and is not expected at Thursday’s negotiating session between the NBA owners and players, Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver said.
The negotiating session will go on, led by federal mediator George Cohen. This should not be a big setback, Silver is the lead negotiator for the league anyway.
The one thing it means — likely no deal will be announced Thursday. Not that they are close to having the framework of a deal, but even if they reached that point Thursday there is zero chance it would be announced without Stern in the room.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23