Oct 20, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
I can’t imagine why David Stern’s immune system broke down after 25 hours of negotiations over two days and little sleep.
But it has and David Stern was sent home from the NBA Board of Governors meeting and is not expected at Thursday’s negotiating session between the NBA owners and players, Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver said.
The negotiating session will go on, led by federal mediator George Cohen. This should not be a big setback, Silver is the lead negotiator for the league anyway.
The one thing it means — likely no deal will be announced Thursday. Not that they are close to having the framework of a deal, but even if they reached that point Thursday there is zero chance it would be announced without Stern in the room.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 17
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 29
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23