Oct 20, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
I can’t imagine why David Stern’s immune system broke down after 25 hours of negotiations over two days and little sleep.
But it has and David Stern was sent home from the NBA Board of Governors meeting and is not expected at Thursday’s negotiating session between the NBA owners and players, Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver said.
The negotiating session will go on, led by federal mediator George Cohen. This should not be a big setback, Silver is the lead negotiator for the league anyway.
The one thing it means — likely no deal will be announced Thursday. Not that they are close to having the framework of a deal, but even if they reached that point Thursday there is zero chance it would be announced without Stern in the room.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 3
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11