Oct 20, 2011, 8:28 AM EDT
Like pretty much everyone else who has ever been linked to AshleyMadison.com, Andrea Bargnani is denying everything. He doesn’t even know what you are talking about.
Bargnani had been linked to a deal with Virtus Roma for $2 million with AshleyMadison.com — a controversial Web site that helps married men and women who want to cheat hook up — as the main sponsor.
“I want all my fans and all the people who read the newspapers lately that I am not involved in any news written or attributed to me since one month”.
This, by the way, does not mean his agent hasn’t been talking to Virtus Roma. And that whatever conversations were had the Italian team went public with (as did the Web site) because it’s good publicity for them.
Still, may not want to bet that Bargnani is going to cheat on the Raptors while the NBA is locked out.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 26
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 30
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 18
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 14
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26