Oct 19, 2011, 8:14 AM EDT
Charles Oakley doesn’t think so. Of course he didn’t.
“I wouldn’t put them in the same conversation.
“It took a while for Michael to win championships too, but they have a different swagger, a different demeanor. If I would compare anybody to Michael Jordan, it would be Kobe Bryant. Point blank. I know LeBron well; he don’t have what Michael have so I’m not even gonna discuss that one.
“To be a superstar (LeBron) has to go back to his fundamentals… work on his post game, work off the ball.”
It’s hard to compare mid-career LeBron to Jordan’s full-career legacy, we can’t say how we will look back on LeBron when he retires. But there was a universal love — or at least respect — that Jordan had and LeBron has lost. You can define that as swagger or whatever you wish, it remains a reality. One that will stick with LeBron.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61