Oct 17, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
I’ll take “things that will not go over well” for $200, Alex…
Cleveland fans will never forgive LeBron James. They see his move to Miami as a betrayal and abandonment, his public announcement of it the ultimate insult.
LeBron isn’t looking for their for forgivenss, but he tweeted (when anwering fans questions) that he misses them.
Some will say this is just him trying to repair his image, and Clevelanders will not care. But I think this really is sincere. I think he does love Akron and Cleveland and sees what he did as purely a business move. Others may not see it that way, but he does. And Cleveland fans were good to him for many years.
Which is part of the reason they will not be forgiving.
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 0
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 11
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23