Oct 17, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
I’ll take “things that will not go over well” for $200, Alex…
Cleveland fans will never forgive LeBron James. They see his move to Miami as a betrayal and abandonment, his public announcement of it the ultimate insult.
LeBron isn’t looking for their for forgivenss, but he tweeted (when anwering fans questions) that he misses them.
Some will say this is just him trying to repair his image, and Clevelanders will not care. But I think this really is sincere. I think he does love Akron and Cleveland and sees what he did as purely a business move. Others may not see it that way, but he does. And Cleveland fans were good to him for many years.
Which is part of the reason they will not be forgiving.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 0
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 4
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 12
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43