Quote of the day: Rondo thinks the lockout’s pretty awesome, actually

Oct 16, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT

Boston Celtics v Denver Nuggets Getty Images

“This has been the best summer of my life, really,’’ he said. “Lockout or not, I’m still going to enjoy my life and do what I do best.’’

via Rajon Rondo eager to get Celtics back together – The Boston Globe.

That’s Rondo talking about this summer and all of his fun with being in Lexington and the Pro-Ams and the Red Bull appearances.

So, that’s cool. Local economies are losing millions, people are out of work, fans have lost following the news which provides a decent distraction from their lives they wake up to every day (shoutout to LeBron James) and Summer League and now preseason. But hey, Rondo’s had a super fun time, guys!

How u?

1. metalhead65 - Oct 16, 2011 at 2:16 PM

as someone out of work I could care less about these overpaid cry babies but at least he is one millionaire not sitting around whining about how tough he has it.

• florida727 - Oct 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM

According to basketballreference.com, Rondo has made $14.87 million in his 5 years in the league — $9+ million of it last year (2010-2011 season). The guy is set for life. Why shouldn’t he consider this the best summer of his life? I’m jealous. I’d love to trade financial positions with him right now. Who on this blog site wouldn’t? Good for him…

2. ibchuck33 - Oct 16, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Another day in the life of the disconnected from reality. I hope the owners get what they want.

• champ34 - Oct 17, 2011 at 1:10 AM

Please, if you want to denigrate another individual, please make it an absolute duty of yours to use correct grammar, because this presents one of humanity’s major issues: hypocricy.

3. steviekthr3e - Oct 16, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Ignorance is bliss….Rondos lovin life yet thousands are (again) out of work.

Same song different dance- billionaires vs millionaires

4. truthjuice - Oct 16, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Good for you Rajon Rondo! Enjoy life to the fullest. Why do people have a problem with people enjoying themselves? Oh, wait there is only a problem if the players enjoy themselves. The owners do not care about small businesses losing business, people losing their jobs but that is fine. Go figure. Anyway, maybe the players really pull off their own league (yeah right…) but it would be fun.

5. bertilfox - Oct 16, 2011 at 8:34 PM

He is a young and successful guy, taking advantage of some down time by having some fun. What do you want him to do…join the “Occupy Boston” fools in their whiny misery? Sooner or later, he’ll have to get back at it, perhaps a little wiser to the extent of his good fortune.

In the meantime, cut him some slack. In the same position, we’d try to do the same (most of us, anyway).

6. paulydefense - Oct 16, 2011 at 9:12 PM

So the guy’s not supposed to enjoy his life because the economy is bad?

I don’t get it.

7. westwoodwarrior8 - Oct 17, 2011 at 12:14 AM

“do what i do best”…well that can be taken a number of ways…how u Mrs. Rondo…

8. mtygringo - Oct 17, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Oh…so Rondo and other players should feel guilty about enjoying their owner-imposed “vacation” because the economy sucks and you need Basketball to keep your spirits up??!!

Worst story ever on this site!

9. blackheld - Oct 17, 2011 at 9:41 PM

So what the author is saying…is that Rondo has no right to decide whether or not to work…that the greater public good supercedes his personal freedom of choice. Personally, I’m not buying this. I fought in wars, and got disabled, to protect Rondos, and everyone elses’, rights.

Now…

…maybe it makes good editorial sense to Matt Moore to claim that the NBA players need to give up their rights as Americans, and get back to work, for the good of all the starving poor, but just because most of the players are financially well off does not mean they OWE anyone ANYTHING. Do you think, in return, the people of the United States should be required to buy tickets to see Rondo and the rest of the NBA perform?

Of course not. The concept is as ridiculous as Moore’s snide little contention, in this article. There’s more realism in some of Barbara Cartland’s harlequin books than in this trash excuse for reporting.

I hope Rondo enjoys his summer, and I hope Matt Moore learns how to actually write.

I’m betting, however, on Rondo.

10. asublimeday - Oct 18, 2011 at 4:11 AM

“any day where derek rose isn’t whipping my over-rated butt all over the court is a good one for me!”

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches