Oct 14, 2011, 3:02 PM EDT
NBA TV has been as hard to watch as a Shawn Marion jump shot during the lockout.
Banned from showing any current NBA players, they have been relegated to showing nothing but classic games. No summer league games, no shows previewing the upcoming season, no shows talking fantasy hoops, no drop ins on training camp.
Which led to these tweets from TV Sports Ratings:
NBA TV had an average audience of 11,000 viewers last week (fewest ever). Among measured ad-supported cable nets, only Fuel (7k) had less.
Since start of lockout, NBA TV has aired Fish/Saved Pitt 16 times, One on One (Robby Benson) 14 times & Teen Wolf 8 times.
Last night’s NBA TV lockout coverage consisted of back-to-back airings of Robbie Benson in One on One: 11,000 viewers at 9p & 7,000 at 11p
It’s okay, I can’t watch One on One either, but what do you people have against Teen Wolf? You could watch that 8 times a week and it wouldn’t get old. It’s Michael J. Fox at the peak of his powers.
Come on people, it’s that or the 1963 NBA finals in black and white again.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 0
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 10
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights