Oct 13, 2011, 8:02 AM EDT
Tiger Woods is back on the golf course this weekend… so of course somebody at media day asked him about the NBA lockout. Why wouldn’t you? What, you have something better to ask Woods about? Of course not.
Woods is a Southern California guy, a Lakers fan. Which means job No. 1 is hate the Celtics. So when he talked lockout he said the time off could be good for Boston, but he had to say it with a backhanded dig, reports Jessica Camerato at CSNNE.com.
“Yeah, of course I’m bummed,” he said. “I think anybody who is an NBA fan is certainly bummed. I know that probably one person who is happy is probably Doc Rivers. I mean, with the age of his team, it’s nice for them to only play half a season. It’s true. It’s a fact, come on.”
Then Woods sounded like most Lakers fans — “who can we go out and buy now to win us another title?”
“But as far as us out west, I’m looking forward to the Lakers getting back there and we’ll see what they do,” he continued. “The problem is you can’t talk to anybody. You can’t see who is potentially on the block of being traded, what kind of deals can we do? Nothing can be happening.
“So as a fan, it’s disconcerting because I’m excited about what we could add to the team, but it’s also I understand this is business, and everyone in this business wants to make money. I know the owners were losing a bunch of money, and some of the markets were feeling the effects. They can’t draw certain players, so they’re just trying to make it fair for everybody so everybody can win.”
Everybody can win now, with a little
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 6
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32