Oct 13, 2011, 1:07 AM EST
The Seattle Seahawks passing game could use some help. They are 25th in the NFL at 205 passing yards per game and, while they complete a pretty average number of passes a contest, they average just 6.6 yards per passing attempt (26th in the league).
They need a big-time receiver. Like maybe LeBron James.
On Tuesday, LeBron tweeted asking what was the deadline for an NFL team to sign a free agent. That led to a little back-and-forth with Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, who was always good at recruiting. (Right USC?)
Wednesday, Carroll tweeted out the photo you see to the right.
LeBron tweeted back “Nice, looks great.”
My first question — is LeBron going to be a kicker? Because why else do you give him No. 1.
While LeBron does have the build of an NFL tight end and can dominate in a no-tackle game against high-school kids, we’re pretty sure Carroll was joking around. We are sure that once LeBron saw what the NFL minimum salary was he’d be asked to sign for, he’d laugh for an hour.
This was a publicity stunt, something Carroll is good at. (Right USC?) But at least an amusing one.
Now with the Seahawks 2-3 in their bye week, Carroll better figure out how to beat Cleveland then Cincinnati in the two weeks that follow, because then the schedule starts to really get tough.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20