Oct 13, 2011, 1:07 AM EDT
The Seattle Seahawks passing game could use some help. They are 25th in the NFL at 205 passing yards per game and, while they complete a pretty average number of passes a contest, they average just 6.6 yards per passing attempt (26th in the league).
They need a big-time receiver. Like maybe LeBron James.
On Tuesday, LeBron tweeted asking what was the deadline for an NFL team to sign a free agent. That led to a little back-and-forth with Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, who was always good at recruiting. (Right USC?)
Wednesday, Carroll tweeted out the photo you see to the right.
LeBron tweeted back “Nice, looks great.”
My first question — is LeBron going to be a kicker? Because why else do you give him No. 1.
While LeBron does have the build of an NFL tight end and can dominate in a no-tackle game against high-school kids, we’re pretty sure Carroll was joking around. We are sure that once LeBron saw what the NFL minimum salary was he’d be asked to sign for, he’d laugh for an hour.
This was a publicity stunt, something Carroll is good at. (Right USC?) But at least an amusing one.
Now with the Seahawks 2-3 in their bye week, Carroll better figure out how to beat Cleveland then Cincinnati in the two weeks that follow, because then the schedule starts to really get tough.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 5
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 21
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 26
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 29
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 39
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29