Oct 13, 2011, 1:07 AM EDT
The Seattle Seahawks passing game could use some help. They are 25th in the NFL at 205 passing yards per game and, while they complete a pretty average number of passes a contest, they average just 6.6 yards per passing attempt (26th in the league).
They need a big-time receiver. Like maybe LeBron James.
On Tuesday, LeBron tweeted asking what was the deadline for an NFL team to sign a free agent. That led to a little back-and-forth with Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, who was always good at recruiting. (Right USC?)
Wednesday, Carroll tweeted out the photo you see to the right.
LeBron tweeted back “Nice, looks great.”
My first question — is LeBron going to be a kicker? Because why else do you give him No. 1.
While LeBron does have the build of an NFL tight end and can dominate in a no-tackle game against high-school kids, we’re pretty sure Carroll was joking around. We are sure that once LeBron saw what the NFL minimum salary was he’d be asked to sign for, he’d laugh for an hour.
This was a publicity stunt, something Carroll is good at. (Right USC?) But at least an amusing one.
Now with the Seahawks 2-3 in their bye week, Carroll better figure out how to beat Cleveland then Cincinnati in the two weeks that follow, because then the schedule starts to really get tough.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14