Oct 13, 2011, 1:07 AM EDT
The Seattle Seahawks passing game could use some help. They are 25th in the NFL at 205 passing yards per game and, while they complete a pretty average number of passes a contest, they average just 6.6 yards per passing attempt (26th in the league).
They need a big-time receiver. Like maybe LeBron James.
On Tuesday, LeBron tweeted asking what was the deadline for an NFL team to sign a free agent. That led to a little back-and-forth with Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, who was always good at recruiting. (Right USC?)
Wednesday, Carroll tweeted out the photo you see to the right.
LeBron tweeted back “Nice, looks great.”
My first question — is LeBron going to be a kicker? Because why else do you give him No. 1.
While LeBron does have the build of an NFL tight end and can dominate in a no-tackle game against high-school kids, we’re pretty sure Carroll was joking around. We are sure that once LeBron saw what the NFL minimum salary was he’d be asked to sign for, he’d laugh for an hour.
This was a publicity stunt, something Carroll is good at. (Right USC?) But at least an amusing one.
Now with the Seahawks 2-3 in their bye week, Carroll better figure out how to beat Cleveland then Cincinnati in the two weeks that follow, because then the schedule starts to really get tough.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16