Oct 13, 2011, 11:16 AM EDT
In the off chance that David Stern and Billy Hunter stop acting like fools next week, this could be relevant. But it probably won’t matter.
The injury, which is not considered serious, apparently occurred when Ginobili landed awkwardly on his ankle after attempting a 3-point shot.
What happened, did Bruce Bowen step under him when he landed?
Ginobili is Argentinian and led is country to a FIBA Americas championship and Olympic berth this summer, and since has remained in the country.
If this really is minor, it should be no big deal since we are more than a month away from NBA action, at best. That is plenty of time to heal. But it has to be a concern in this way — San Antonio won 61 games last season because their key guys stayed healthy for the most part. Their only chance at one more run is for everyone to be healthy again, this is a team with no margin for error (and even that may well not be enough).
But for now, this injury doesn’t really matter.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30