Oct 13, 2011, 9:45 AM EST
The Dallas Mavericks are going to get their rings on opening night after all. Whenever that is.
Remember in the aftermath of the Mavericks championship owner Mark Cuban was talking about doing something different, not just giving his players championship rings. That was too old school for Cuban.
Anyway, Cuban said: “I will get rings, but maybe not quite traditional in one way or another.”
Sometimes, doing something traditional is not all bad, Mark. Although personally I was really hoping for WWE-style championship belts. That would have been sweet.
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 1
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 1
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)