Oct 13, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks are going to get their rings on opening night after all. Whenever that is.
Remember in the aftermath of the Mavericks championship owner Mark Cuban was talking about doing something different, not just giving his players championship rings. That was too old school for Cuban.
Anyway, Cuban said: “I will get rings, but maybe not quite traditional in one way or another.”
Sometimes, doing something traditional is not all bad, Mark. Although personally I was really hoping for WWE-style championship belts. That would have been sweet.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7