Oct 13, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks are going to get their rings on opening night after all. Whenever that is.
Remember in the aftermath of the Mavericks championship owner Mark Cuban was talking about doing something different, not just giving his players championship rings. That was too old school for Cuban.
Anyway, Cuban said: “I will get rings, but maybe not quite traditional in one way or another.”
Sometimes, doing something traditional is not all bad, Mark. Although personally I was really hoping for WWE-style championship belts. That would have been sweet.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29