Oct 12, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
Columnist and ESPN host Dan Le Batard recently had Knicks forward Amar’e Stoudemire on his show, and at around the 3:00 mark of the interview, he asked Stoudemire who the smelliest players in the league are. Here’s Stoudemire’s response, courtesy of I am a GM and The Basketball Jones:
Amar’e Stoudemire: Confirmed. Confirmation, granted.
Dan Le Batard: Your teammate is the worst smelling player in the NBA. Who is second?
Amar’e Stoudemire: I dunno, man. I try not to get too close to these guys. But I think Boris Diaw may be a close second. 1a and 1b.
Insert your own joke about Stoudemire’s “I try not to get too close to these guys” comment, considering his usual level of defensive intensity.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 2
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 8
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 22