Oct 12, 2011, 5:41 PM EST
Columnist and ESPN host Dan Le Batard recently had Knicks forward Amar’e Stoudemire on his show, and at around the 3:00 mark of the interview, he asked Stoudemire who the smelliest players in the league are. Here’s Stoudemire’s response, courtesy of I am a GM and The Basketball Jones:
Amar’e Stoudemire: Confirmed. Confirmation, granted.
Dan Le Batard: Your teammate is the worst smelling player in the NBA. Who is second?
Amar’e Stoudemire: I dunno, man. I try not to get too close to these guys. But I think Boris Diaw may be a close second. 1a and 1b.
Insert your own joke about Stoudemire’s “I try not to get too close to these guys” comment, considering his usual level of defensive intensity.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 7
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16