Oct 12, 2011, 5:41 PM EST
Columnist and ESPN host Dan Le Batard recently had Knicks forward Amar’e Stoudemire on his show, and at around the 3:00 mark of the interview, he asked Stoudemire who the smelliest players in the league are. Here’s Stoudemire’s response, courtesy of I am a GM and The Basketball Jones:
Amar’e Stoudemire: Confirmed. Confirmation, granted.
Dan Le Batard: Your teammate is the worst smelling player in the NBA. Who is second?
Amar’e Stoudemire: I dunno, man. I try not to get too close to these guys. But I think Boris Diaw may be a close second. 1a and 1b.
Insert your own joke about Stoudemire’s “I try not to get too close to these guys” comment, considering his usual level of defensive intensity.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 8
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 5
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 13
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (50)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)