Oct 12, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
Columnist and ESPN host Dan Le Batard recently had Knicks forward Amar’e Stoudemire on his show, and at around the 3:00 mark of the interview, he asked Stoudemire who the smelliest players in the league are. Here’s Stoudemire’s response, courtesy of I am a GM and The Basketball Jones:
Amar’e Stoudemire: Confirmed. Confirmation, granted.
Dan Le Batard: Your teammate is the worst smelling player in the NBA. Who is second?
Amar’e Stoudemire: I dunno, man. I try not to get too close to these guys. But I think Boris Diaw may be a close second. 1a and 1b.
Insert your own joke about Stoudemire’s “I try not to get too close to these guys” comment, considering his usual level of defensive intensity.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60