Oct 12, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
Hey, remember when Ben Gordon was an elite scorer in the league, making huge buckets against the Celtics in one of the most exciting playoff series in league history? Yeah, me neither. But his time in Detroit must have seriously put the grumpies in his soul, because his interview with the Detroit Free Press is like a Smiths album. Seriously, reading it is like diving into a big pool of disillusionment.
He sat in on labor negotiations late last month that Gordon on Tuesday described as a “waste of time.”
And the Pistons shooting guard thinks its only a matter of time before more games are canceled.”I think there will be more games missed,” Gordon said when reached by phone as he was driving to Chicago. “I expect it might be a year or two. I realized that when I was listening to both sides during the negotiations. I think there will be a lot of games missed and more money is going to go down the drain.
“I’m preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best.”
Years? Are you trying to drive me to the bottle, Ben? If this thing goes years it’s going to send the league back to the stone age. What’s worse, even as close as the two sides are and with a federal mediator being brought in, you can see it happening. That’s how phenomenally stupid both sides have been throughout this process, going back to January of 2009.
But if we’re looking for someone to try and bring the process forward with positive vibes, Gordon’s not it.
Maybe it’s a British thing.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7