Oct 12, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
Maybe we need more Amar’e in the room. (Get it? Because it sounds like amore, the Italian word for love? Like the song? You see what I did there?)
Amar’e Stoudemire is making the promotional circuit, and as we told you this morning, brought up the prospect of a players’ league being formed if the players lost the season. But he’s also optimistic, as this NBCSports.com video shows.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There’s a level of calm, rational discourse in Stoudemire’s comments that’s kind of refreshing. This lockout has been led by personalities like Dan Gilbert, Robert Sarver, and Kevin Garnett. Maybe it’s time for a few more Stoudemires in the room. Both sides want a deal. Both sides want games. Dialing back on the outrage and pumping up the reason might be the best way to get us there.
Side note: You notice how all of these players are only commenting when they have something they’re selling? With Dwyane Wade it was court grip, followed by his outburst at David Stern. Now Stoudemire while selling shoes. Steve Nash is the only one who’s really out there talking about the issues independently.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 1
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 4
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 36
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 29
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 25