Oct 12, 2011, 9:00 PM EDT
Maybe we need more Amar’e in the room. (Get it? Because it sounds like amore, the Italian word for love? Like the song? You see what I did there?)
Amar’e Stoudemire is making the promotional circuit, and as we told you this morning, brought up the prospect of a players’ league being formed if the players lost the season. But he’s also optimistic, as this NBCSports.com video shows.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There’s a level of calm, rational discourse in Stoudemire’s comments that’s kind of refreshing. This lockout has been led by personalities like Dan Gilbert, Robert Sarver, and Kevin Garnett. Maybe it’s time for a few more Stoudemires in the room. Both sides want a deal. Both sides want games. Dialing back on the outrage and pumping up the reason might be the best way to get us there.
Side note: You notice how all of these players are only commenting when they have something they’re selling? With Dwyane Wade it was court grip, followed by his outburst at David Stern. Now Stoudemire while selling shoes. Steve Nash is the only one who’s really out there talking about the issues independently.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 0
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 7
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18