Oct 11, 2011, 8:44 AM EDT
Through the lockout, the NBA owners have been a monolith — all news from their side comes from David Stern or Adam Silver only. No owners or executives speak on the issue.
The players, however, have a lot of voices. And many of those voices get expressed on twitter.
Moments after Stern announced the cancellation of the first couple weeks of the season, players turned to twitter to make their feelings heard.
Thanks for the overwhelming support today guys. You know we want to play & you understand the propaganda/misinformation from the owners.
Genuinely sorry to all the employees in and around NBA arenas losing work.
STERN’s “WORDS” 2day hurt the ppl who work at the AAA,other arena’s,as well as local businesses &our fans..
I wanna sincerely say sorry to all the fans! It’s a sad day for all of us, especially u guys! There’s no US w/o You. #loveuguys
U can’t be serious first 2 weeks canceled mannnn we really just want to get back to doing what we do best and what we love #serioustweet
S/O @derekfisher for not stopping until we get a fair and righteous deal hard worker on and off the court #salute
Yay to the NBPA and NBA for making progress!!! Two weeks not bad! Cheers! Breaking news! More progress real soon Ronartest.com for updates!
I think something will get done because basketball is fun. The fans love it. It’s hard to do what Kobe does or mike Jordan. Yrs of work…
Let’s hope World Peace is right.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25