Oct 11, 2011, 8:44 AM EST
Through the lockout, the NBA owners have been a monolith — all news from their side comes from David Stern or Adam Silver only. No owners or executives speak on the issue.
The players, however, have a lot of voices. And many of those voices get expressed on twitter.
Moments after Stern announced the cancellation of the first couple weeks of the season, players turned to twitter to make their feelings heard.
Thanks for the overwhelming support today guys. You know we want to play & you understand the propaganda/misinformation from the owners.
Genuinely sorry to all the employees in and around NBA arenas losing work.
STERN’s “WORDS” 2day hurt the ppl who work at the AAA,other arena’s,as well as local businesses &our fans..
I wanna sincerely say sorry to all the fans! It’s a sad day for all of us, especially u guys! There’s no US w/o You. #loveuguys
U can’t be serious first 2 weeks canceled mannnn we really just want to get back to doing what we do best and what we love #serioustweet
S/O @derekfisher for not stopping until we get a fair and righteous deal hard worker on and off the court #salute
Yay to the NBPA and NBA for making progress!!! Two weeks not bad! Cheers! Breaking news! More progress real soon Ronartest.com for updates!
I think something will get done because basketball is fun. The fans love it. It’s hard to do what Kobe does or mike Jordan. Yrs of work…
Let’s hope World Peace is right.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11