Oct 11, 2011, 8:44 AM EDT
Through the lockout, the NBA owners have been a monolith — all news from their side comes from David Stern or Adam Silver only. No owners or executives speak on the issue.
The players, however, have a lot of voices. And many of those voices get expressed on twitter.
Moments after Stern announced the cancellation of the first couple weeks of the season, players turned to twitter to make their feelings heard.
Thanks for the overwhelming support today guys. You know we want to play & you understand the propaganda/misinformation from the owners.
Genuinely sorry to all the employees in and around NBA arenas losing work.
STERN’s “WORDS” 2day hurt the ppl who work at the AAA,other arena’s,as well as local businesses &our fans..
I wanna sincerely say sorry to all the fans! It’s a sad day for all of us, especially u guys! There’s no US w/o You. #loveuguys
U can’t be serious first 2 weeks canceled mannnn we really just want to get back to doing what we do best and what we love #serioustweet
S/O @derekfisher for not stopping until we get a fair and righteous deal hard worker on and off the court #salute
Yay to the NBPA and NBA for making progress!!! Two weeks not bad! Cheers! Breaking news! More progress real soon Ronartest.com for updates!
I think something will get done because basketball is fun. The fans love it. It’s hard to do what Kobe does or mike Jordan. Yrs of work…
Let’s hope World Peace is right.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18