Oct 10, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Sunday night at the Drew League vs. Goodman League, the NBA players were on script — they said they just wanted to play. To a man. It was like a mantra repeated in both locker rooms.
Monday, they took the campaign to twitter.
It’s an effort to get public support and the fans behind them.
It’s not going to matter — if, or when, NBA games are lost, fans are not going to leave either side blameless. Nor should they, both sides deserve blame. I’ve said the owners deserve the majority of blame, but both sides are going to get it from fans. This is $4 billion in the fans money that the owners and players can’t figure out how to divide amongst themselves.
So the twitter campaign is nice, but the wrath that comes your way is deserved.
And lest you think all NBA players are on board, we have this from Brian Cardinal.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11