Oct 9, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
The NBPA was supposed to hold a regional meeting on Sunday and Monday, but late Saturday, word came from Yahoo! Sports that the Sunday meeting was canceled? Hope for a last-minute negotiating session? No, silly rabbit. Negotiating is for grown-ups! This is a finger-pointing contest now. Or another type of contest I won’t define. So what happened?
From Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski:
Just to read in between the lines, there, the superstars in Miami for the charity game wanted to change the schedule for the entire membership, so they did.
SI’s got a little different version of the same, but the reality is still this. The NBA intends to cancel games. The players will not buckle to avoid games being canceled. We’ve hit as far as they’re willing to go at this point and it’s time for the real pain to set in. Just like Melo said after the exhibition in Miami Saturday night:
“Theyre going to cancel the first two weeks of the season,” Anthony said. “Well see what happens then. If they want to lock us out, lock us out. Were going to stick together.”
The trenches have been dug. Barring a miracle, the 2011-2012 NBA season will not be 82 games.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 0
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 4
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (72)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay