Oct 9, 2011, 9:00 PM EST
The NBA and NBPA began meetings roughly two hours ago around 6PM EST. There’s no telling when they’ll break, or how things are going. They could leave the room in a huff any time, they could be in there overnight. Here’s what we do know.
- Glen Taylor, Jeanie Buss and Mo Evans joined the talks, but that still makes it a “small meeting.” Even if they were able to get a deal on the table, the owners, and players (plus, by extension, their agents) would have to approve even the framework before the i’s could be dotted.
- Yahoo! Sports reports that league executives doubt the players’ resolve. Which will inevitably anger the players and make them dig in deeper. Sometimes silence is golden, guys.
- As far as the 50/50 split goes, the New York Times reports that the league did not soften on 50/50, they’re trying to work around it. However, that doesn’t mean it wasn’t dropped as a precondition, according to CBSSports.com’s Ken Berger. So basically, the owners are willing to talk, but want it known they still want 50/50. Pretty basic negotiating tactic.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 4
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 50
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11