Oct 7, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
One of the fun parts of summer basketball is getting to see the games of guys who, for whatever reason, you hadn’t seen much before. Guys buried on an NBA bench or who you didn’t catch your eye in college, then on a stage with NBA talent wow you in person. (No Vegas Summer League robbed us of the best of those chances to find hidden gems this season.)
Josh Selby has been one of those guys for me. He was suspended and overshadowed at Kansas, but the guy can flat out play. He’s looked good in the free flowing (and no defense) games of summer, so we have questions about how he’ll fit in the Memphis system, but the guy can play inside and out. Zach Randolph was impressed and called Selby the steal of the draft.
Enjoy a video of Selby’s summer highlights, via BallisLife.com. Then keep an eye on him, whenever we have a season.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 6
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10