Oct 7, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
One of the fun parts of summer basketball is getting to see the games of guys who, for whatever reason, you hadn’t seen much before. Guys buried on an NBA bench or who you didn’t catch your eye in college, then on a stage with NBA talent wow you in person. (No Vegas Summer League robbed us of the best of those chances to find hidden gems this season.)
Josh Selby has been one of those guys for me. He was suspended and overshadowed at Kansas, but the guy can flat out play. He’s looked good in the free flowing (and no defense) games of summer, so we have questions about how he’ll fit in the Memphis system, but the guy can play inside and out. Zach Randolph was impressed and called Selby the steal of the draft.
Enjoy a video of Selby’s summer highlights, via BallisLife.com. Then keep an eye on him, whenever we have a season.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40