Oct 7, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
One of the fun parts of summer basketball is getting to see the games of guys who, for whatever reason, you hadn’t seen much before. Guys buried on an NBA bench or who you didn’t catch your eye in college, then on a stage with NBA talent wow you in person. (No Vegas Summer League robbed us of the best of those chances to find hidden gems this season.)
Josh Selby has been one of those guys for me. He was suspended and overshadowed at Kansas, but the guy can flat out play. He’s looked good in the free flowing (and no defense) games of summer, so we have questions about how he’ll fit in the Memphis system, but the guy can play inside and out. Zach Randolph was impressed and called Selby the steal of the draft.
Enjoy a video of Selby’s summer highlights, via BallisLife.com. Then keep an eye on him, whenever we have a season.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 11
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 50
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11