Oct 7, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
One of the fun parts of summer basketball is getting to see the games of guys who, for whatever reason, you hadn’t seen much before. Guys buried on an NBA bench or who you didn’t catch your eye in college, then on a stage with NBA talent wow you in person. (No Vegas Summer League robbed us of the best of those chances to find hidden gems this season.)
Josh Selby has been one of those guys for me. He was suspended and overshadowed at Kansas, but the guy can flat out play. He’s looked good in the free flowing (and no defense) games of summer, so we have questions about how he’ll fit in the Memphis system, but the guy can play inside and out. Zach Randolph was impressed and called Selby the steal of the draft.
Enjoy a video of Selby’s summer highlights, via BallisLife.com. Then keep an eye on him, whenever we have a season.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16