Oct 7, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
One of the fun parts of summer basketball is getting to see the games of guys who, for whatever reason, you hadn’t seen much before. Guys buried on an NBA bench or who you didn’t catch your eye in college, then on a stage with NBA talent wow you in person. (No Vegas Summer League robbed us of the best of those chances to find hidden gems this season.)
Josh Selby has been one of those guys for me. He was suspended and overshadowed at Kansas, but the guy can flat out play. He’s looked good in the free flowing (and no defense) games of summer, so we have questions about how he’ll fit in the Memphis system, but the guy can play inside and out. Zach Randolph was impressed and called Selby the steal of the draft.
Enjoy a video of Selby’s summer highlights, via BallisLife.com. Then keep an eye on him, whenever we have a season.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)